Introduction to Cardiology
Unity Hospital Introduction to Cardiology is a 1 week rotation with the following objectives:
- Achieve 2nd Year Resident Level Performance of ECG Reading
- Understand how Cardiac Tests are Performed
- Understand Pathophysiology of Heart Disease
- Improve Understanding of the Cardiology Consult Process
Requirements of the rotation:
- Watch The World of ECGs Level One and Level Two Videos. Level Three is Optional.
- Videos are at CardioGauge.com, Under the MD / NP / PA Education tab at the top right.
- Submit the results of The World of ECGs Level Two Test to email@example.com (screenshot of result)
- DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PASSING SCORE, because the test is difficult.
- Complete 100 ECG cases in The Complete Guide to ECGs (pages 27 thru 468)
- Read Pathophysiology of Heart Disease, by Leonard Lilly
- Books are in Consult Office
- DO NOT WRITE IN THE BOOKS
- Return Books to Consult Office on Friday
- Watch a Nuclear Stress Test, Stress Echocardiogram, Transesophageal Echocardiogram, and Echocardiogram be performed in the Unity Hospital Cardiology Department.
- Carefully Observe Cardiology Consult Resident and Fellow Case Presentations and Discussions in Consult Office. No clinical responsibilities during the rotation.
- Be at the hospital Monday Through Friday 8 am – 1 pm
- Consult Team Usually starts at around 830 am in the Consult Office.
- For your time from 8 am to Noon, you can study the books, watch the ECG videos, observe studies, and observe consults. You decide what you want to do with your time. No one will be policing you.
- On Thursday at 8 am meet with me (Dr Ritter) in the Cardiology Reading Room for 30 min to go over questions. If I am on vacation, there will be no meeting, and you can email me with any questions or concerns.
- Attend Noon Lectures
- On Friday, Submit Screenshot of The World of ECGs Level Two Test Result to firstname.lastname@example.org